Tea latte is the ideal, warm, and comforting drink for the fall and winter months, or you can actually enjoy it at any time you like when you know how to make it at home.
You may be surprised to learn that you can make them at home with ease. Yes, you can create a cup of creamy tea with a lovely foamy, frothy topping, and it tastes just like your favorite local coffee shop.
Tea lattes are a milk tea type that is similar to cafe lattes. They are usually produced with steamed milk, just like cafe lattes. However, they contain tea instead of espresso, usually in the form of matcha green tea or a concentrate derived from strongly brewed tea.
A tea latte can be served hot or cold, and only a few simple ingredients, including your favorite tea, are required. We’ve also got a lot of tea latte recipes for it.
- What is a tea latte?
- How to make the best tea latte at home in 2023
- The popular Tea Latte trends in 2023
- Chai Latte
- Matcha tea latte
- Dirty Chai Latte
- Vegan Chai Latte
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Final thought
What is a tea latte?
Tea lattes are a milk tea type that is similar to cafe lattes. They’re usually produced with steamed milk, just like cafe lattes. Instead of espresso, they use matcha green tea or a concentrate created from strong-brewed tea.
A tea latte can be served hot or cold, and it only requires a few basic ingredients, including your favorite tea. It’s a latte made with espresso that’s similar to a cafe latte. A tea latte, like a cafe latte, contains a foamy frothed milk topping.
A tea latte can be made using any strong tea. They’re usually brewed using black tea. Black tea comes in a variety of flavors, including English breakfast tea, Darjeeling, Assam, and Earl Gray.
How to make the best tea latte at home in 2023
A tea latte is made with brewed tea, milk, and a sweetener as the main ingredients. They’re popular as an iced latte, but they can also be served heatedly. Making a blended drink is another alternative.
You may either combine the latte ingredients with around 1 cup of ice or leave off the ice for a matcha green tea smoothie-like drink.
Lattes are made using milk by definition, and whole milk works best, especially when steaming and frothing it. Tea lattes made with soy milk or other milk substitutes are just as good.
They can be decorated with latte art if they are made as dry drinks like Caffe lattes with more frothed milk than smoothness. Sugar or honey are commonly used to sweeten tea lattes. You can make flavored lattes just like you can with espresso.
You can add tastes like caramel, vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon depending on the tea. Buying or making a flavored simple syrup is the simplest way to do this. You can use these to sweeten coffee, cocktails, and other beverages.
What is the best milk to use in a tea latte? Milk in its whole. Why? The milk fat contributes to the most frothy foam. The flavor is thick and creamy, just like you’d expect from a cafe tea latte. We got 4 tea latte recipes to cover you today!
The popular Tea Latte trends in 2023
Chai latte is the most popular tea latte. This is a Westernized version of Indian masala chai that is commonly blended or served over ice.
The iced chai latte has all of the same flavors as the warm masala chai tea, but it’s served as a cold latte. It’s rich and creamy, with just the right amount of spice, and the recipe couldn’t be simpler.
All you have to do is combine the powdered tea, milk, and ice in a glass, and add a dash of chocolate syrup if desired. The milky tea can be served over ice or blended into a creamy smoothie. In either case, a smooth, icy beverage will be ready in minutes.
- 1 cup concentrated masala chai
- 1/2 gallon of whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups ice (about 12–15 ice cubes)
- Optional: 1 to 2 teaspoons high-quality chocolate syrup or white chocolate syrup
How to make it
- Gather the necessary components.
- All ingredients should be combined.
- Blend until smooth, or stir thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy
Matcha tea latte
This tea latte recipe is quite simple to prepare. There are only three ingredients (plus a small quantity of sweetener if desired), and there is no need for any particular barista skills or equipment.
If you plan on making a lot of lattes, and authentic matcha whisk is a good investment, but a small kitchen whisk or milk frother would suffice. Matcha powder is made from green tea leaves.
Unlike when drinking steeped green tea, you swallow the entire tea leaf in a matcha latte. As a result, matcha contains nearly ten times the quantity of nutrients as traditional green tea. Matcha powder has a little bitter, earthy flavor that we all enjoy because if you like coffee, you’ll love matcha tea.
- ½ – 1 teaspoon matcha
- ¼ cup warmed milk ( any milk is optional, choose your favorite)
- ¼ cup hot water
- sweetener of choice, optional
How to make it
- Stir your matcha to remove any lumps.
- Fill a big mug halfway with matcha.
- Add the hot water and whisk quickly, up and down, until foamy.
- Whisk in the milk until everything is fully blended.
- Taste and adjust with more water or sweetener as needed.
Dirty Chai Latte
Unusual right? When I first heard about Dirty Chai Latte, I was wondering why they would put the chai latte as dirty. Well, it was surprising and game-changing when I learned about this tea latte recipe! In recent years, chai-flavored dishes and drinks have exploded in popularity, and filthy chai is a great alternative for individuals who don’t like the taste of strong coffee but still want to drink it.
A single or double shot of espresso, steamed milk, and spiced black tea combine to make a dirty chai latte (masala chai). It has a light coffee flavor and is smooth and creamy.
Chai spices are used in a variety of ways to flavor food and beverages, including dirty chai. Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and black pepper are the most common spices in dirty chai.
This latte is available in two variations: hot and cold. Hot versions contain steamed milk, while cold versions have ice. An iced latte or a blended latte can be made using cold dirty chai.
- A shot of espresso
- Steamed milk
- Masala chai( if you don’t have, Spice Black tea is okay)
- Sweetener, optional
How to make it
- 3 to 5 minutes in boiling water, steep strong black tea
- Add 1 or 2 espresso shots to the mix.
- 1 or 2 tbsp chai tea powder
- Heat the milk until it’s hot, or use a milk frother, and season to taste.
- If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Vegan Chai Latte
Are you vegan or lactose tolerant? We got another chai latte recipe. Dairy milk isn’t required for a superb chai latte. Meet your ideal Vegan Chai Latte! It’s spicy and warm, mildly creamy, and topped with foamy foam. That’s quite an accomplishment! Dairy-free milk can behave similarly to water rather than milk.
This vegan latte, on the other hand, is a revelation! It’s just sweet enough, with the right amount of intrigue from the chai spices. It’s lighter than a typical latte. Here’s a quick tip for making a vegan chai latte!
- 1 bag black tea (or 1 teaspoon loose leaf black tea in a tea strainer)
- Homemade Chai Spice 1 teaspoon
- 1 ½ cups regular oat milk or almond milk (unflavored)
- Pure maple syrup or simple syrup 1 tablespoon
How to make it
- Bring 1 cup of oat milk and the tea bag to a boil.
- Combine the remaining 12 cups of milk and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Warm the milk
- To foam the milk, use a hand frother, whisk, or French press.
- Fill the french press halfway with scalded milk and vigorously pump until frothy, about 25 times.
- Overwhipping will cause the foam to deflate.
- Divide the milk and foam evenly among the mugs
- Serve with extra chai spices on top.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s the difference between milk tea and tea latte?
Milk tea is usually served with normal milk, it might be sweet, it may be served hot or cold but a lot of people love iced milk tea cause it’s so refreshing to drink in summer. On the other hand, the tea latte is served with froth milk, for those who love latte but are not coffee lovers, a tea latte might be the perfect choice for you, we recommend you to drink it as a hot tea latte.
How to make a tea latte?
All you need is tea, milk ( any milk), some sweetener, and frother, and you can make your own lattes at home.
Whether it’s a tea latte or a coffee latte, you’ll love both of them. If you’re a coffee lover but you can’t drink coffee all day long, you need a replacement to keep your day ahead so we recommend tea as your choice because it will brighten your mood to be better.
- Perfect Tea Latte (in 5 minutes)| A couple cooks
- What is a tea latte and how do you make one?|The spruceeats
- Matcha Latte Recipe|Loveandlemons
Here’s How I Make Tea Lattes | At Home with the Breville Milk Cafe By fashionstoryteller